TRANSPORT OF HUMAN REMAINS
If immediate assistance is needed due to death of an Argentine citizen, please contact our emergency number: (312) 909- 0308
The Consulate does not grant permits to repatriate human remains to Argentina. Next of- kin will coordinate transport of human remains with the funeral home and the airline directly.
The following documentation is required when transporting human remains:
1. Death certifícate with Apostille
2. A certificate stating that the individual did not die of a infectious contagious disease.
3. A certificate from the funeral home indicating that the remains have been embalmed (embalming report) and placed in an approved container or "air-tray”, in order to be shipped. This certificate must be notarized and have Apostille Affixed
Important: Name of the deceased must appear on the death certificate in identical manner as it does in the passport, DNI or Birth Certificate. No abbreviation or omissions will be accepted.
The following documentation is required when transporting human ashes:
1. Death certificate with its Apostille.
2. Cremation certificate, issued by the crematory, indicating the name of the deceased and that the urn only contains human ashes.
All these documents must have their own Apostille, which are issued by the Offices of the Secretary of State.